How does diet affects the hair?
- By Team TDO
For healthy tissues and cells you need to eat nutritious diet, as poor nutrition can lead to thinning, dullness, and dryness.
Here are some tips on diet for your healthy hair:
- Take protein rich diet to build cells and amino acids cystine, cysteine, methionine, arginine and lysine, which are crucial for hair growth.
- You may need to include meat, fish, poultry dairy and eggs in your diet.
- If you area vegetarian,you may include eat soy, nuts, grains and seeds.
- Vegetarians should take protein supplement also."
- Avoid low carb diets as it may affect the health of your hair.
- Carbs help in the growth of body tissues; it is also the body’s primary source of B vitamins.
- For healthy carbs eat vegetables, fruits, whole grains, brown rice and potatoes.
- Include some amount of fat in your daily diet as it is good, to keep your hair healthy and shiny.
- Eat lean meat that is grilled or braised rather than fried, to avoid health problems.
- Avoid crash diets.
- Eat vitamins and minerals rich diet.
Thus, for healthy hair eat right, and find right ways to relax after a long day at work to minimize the effects of stress.