Wonder foods to prevent hair fall
- By Team TDO
Like any other part of the body or component of health, hair needs a variety of nutrients derived from good foods to grow and be healthy.
Similar to skin, the condition of your hair is an outward sign of your inside health. Experts say that cells that make up each strand of hair require a regular and enough supply of variety of nutrients. Here are some wonder foods which posses all essential nutrients for your hair.
- Fish: Fishes like tuna, mackerel, and sardines are good sources of protein. However, a favorite with nutritionists is salmon which is packed with protein and good fats (omega-3 fatty acids) that contribute towards hair shine and strength, and help to prevent breakage. It should be eaten at least once a week.
- Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, and Brazil nuts offer a great range of nutritional benefits. They are rich source of zinc, vitamin E, omega 3 fatty acids, and biotin that protect your hair cells from damage. Handful of these nuts on a daily basis can create magic for your hair.
- Eggs: Daily consumption of these in boiled/poached/scrambled form can boost the vibrancy, growth rate and strength of hair, as eggs are good source of iron, zinc, and selenium. Eggs also contain B-vitamins which can contribute towards shine.
- Legumes (dals) and beans: Vegetarians, for their share of proteins, can rely on variety of legumes black gram, bengal gram, chickpeas, green peas etc. as an abundant source of protein to their diet. These help in providing amino acids which are building blocks of hair growth.
- Soya: Soybean and other soya products like soymilk, tofu should be included by the vegetarians for providing essential nourishment to the hair and prevent dryness.
- Green leafy vegetables: Spinach, kale, Brussels sprouts and other leafy vegetables when incorporated in the diet, provide iron, beta carotene, and vitamin C. These help in keeping hair follicle healthy with proper scalp oil circulation. Iron is an especially important mineral for hair and too little iron (anemia) is a major cause of hair loss. The hair follicle and root are fed by a nutrient rich blood supply.
- Fruits and berries: These are the best sources of vitamin C; they not only help in the production of collagen that strengthens the capillaries of hair, but also in absorption of iron. Rich sources include lemon, blueberries, broccoli, guava, kiwi fruits, oranges, papaya, strawberries and sweet potatoes.
To gain and maintain thick, shiny, healthy hair inculcate all these wonder foods filled with amazing nutrient qualities and stay away from worries of losing those beautiful tresses on your head.