- By Team TDO
- 1 cup of Moong dal
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped finelys
- 1/4 cup freshly grated coconut
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- A pinch of asafetida
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt to taste
- Soak the dal till it becomes soft enough to eat.
- Heat oil in a pan, and add the mustard seeds.
- As the seeds splutter, add the green chilies, turmeric powder and asafetida powder.
- Remove from flame, and mix it with the dal.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and mix well before serving.
Nutritional Value Per Serving:
Serving size – 1 bowl (100 g)-
- Calories – 91 cal
- Fat – 1.5 g
- Protein –5 g
- sodium – 220 mg
- Potassium – 450 mg
- Dietary fiber – 4.5 g
Kosambari salad is a good source of protein, and dietary fiber. The protein can also be enhanced by using peanuts.