Scrambled eggs – Your best source of protein, served
- By Team TDO
Health Benefits of Egg:
- Eggs are good for eyes as it prevents macular degeneration in eyes. Eating eggs regularly helps prevent cataract.
- It is rich in high quality protein.
- It contains choline, a chemical which regulates the brain, the nervous system and as well as the heart.
- It contains natural Vitamin D.
- It helps prevent breast cancer.
- It contains loads of sulphur and other vitamin and minerals which promotes healthy hair and nails.
Ingredients for scrambled egg:
- 2 Egg whites (Vegetarians may use 1 cup crumbled tofu or low-fat paneer.)
- 1 small chopped onion.
- 3-4 chopped garlic cloves.
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup.
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce.
- 2 freshly ground pepper.
- Salt as per taste.
- Chopped vegetables (optional).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or any other cooking oil).
Steps to prepare:
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add chopped onion and garlic to the oil. If using vegetables, add them as well.
- Then add the egg whites/tofu/paneer.
- Mix it well.
- Then add the ketchup and soy sauce with pepper and salt.
You can serve the hot scrambled egg immediately with wheat toast within no time.
Nutritional value of egg:
- Calories: 155
- Total fat : 11 gms
- Cholesterol : 373 mg
- Sodium : 124 mg
- Potassium : 126 mg
- Total Carbohydrate : 1.1 gm
- Protein : 13 gms
- Vitamin A : 10%
- Calcium : 5%
- Vitamin B6 : 5%
- Magnesium : 2%
- Vitamin C : 0%
- Iron : 6 %
- Vitamin B12 : 18%