Yummy cucumber mint raita
- By Team TDO
Raita is an Indian yoghurt side-dish, usually served as an accompaniment to the spicy dishes.
The casein in the curd neutralizes the capsain of the chilly and cools down the fire in your mouth and belly due to the spicy food!
- One large (or two medium) cucumbers, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and seeded, then grated
- 2 cups plain whole milk yogurt
- 10 large mint leaves, thinly sliced (can substitute with cilantro)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Place grated cucumber in a sieve and press with the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Alternatively, you can place the grated cucumber in the middle of a clean tea towel, wrap the towel around the cucumber and wring out the excess moisture.
- Stir spices and mint into yogurt in a medium bowl. Stir in the grated cucumber. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve this cooling dish with practically anything! It tastes especially good with stuffed Parathas (flatbread) and Biryanis and Pulaos (rice dishes).
Nutritional information per serving-
- Fat- 0.6g
- Carbohydrates 4.2g
- Fibre 0.5g
- Diabetes appropriate
- Low Calorie
- Low Carbohydrate
- Almost nil fats
- Heart Healthy
- Weight friendly