Don’t let allergies get the best of you
- By Team TDO
Here are some steps to prevent allergy:
- If allergy from a pet is suspected, keep it as far as possible for a fortnight and see if symptoms disappear.
- Get an allergy test done to confirm the diagnosis.
- Avoid things that provoke allergy and ensure that in your house:
- There shouldn’t be any pets.
- Furniture should be minimal.
- The floor, walls, wooden things should be cleaned regularly. The floor should be polished.
- Use carpets that can be cleaned daily or weekly.
- Use sheets that can be washed regularly, preferably cotton sheets, washable mattresses, synthetic blankets and pillows should be used. Avoid woollen or cotton blankets.
- Use plastic or wooden chairs.
- Prefer plastic curtains if possible. Dust them every day.
- Avoid things like teddy bears, pillows, dried flowers, bric-a-brac and toys that attract dust.
- Do not touch objects that are very dusty, such as books and old clothes.
- Avoid smoking and do not allow smoking in your house.