Give your metabolism that extra boost
- By Team TDO
Optimal metabolism is needed to burn calories and prevent them from accumulating.
Numerous factors affect metabolism like age, weight, hormonal changes, lean muscle mass, diet, genetics, stress and the amount of physical activity per day. Fact of the matter is that it is relatively easy to boost your metabolism if you follow these:
- Build lean body mass. Lean muscles help burn calories. The more the lean muscles the more calories you burn. Choose resistance or weight training or cardio exercises to build lean body mass.
- Eat breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day which kick starts the metabolism and supplies consistent energy throughout the day.
- Sugar is bad. Processed and refined sugar leads to many serious health issues. Complex carbs are good sources of energy as they even out the blood sugar levels.
- Spicy foods that make you sweat can help boost your metabolism.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Inadequate sleep leads to weight loss. Body uses sleep to heal and regenerate itself, including its muscular system.
- Drink more water. Water flushes toxins out of the body. This gives the liver more time to do what it does best, metabolize fat stores.
- Eat small meals. Eat 5 to 6 small meals in a day. Small frequent meals give steady supply of energy.
- Don’t miss meals. Skipping meals slows metabolism and can lead to overeating and weight gain.