Prevention of multi-infarct dementia
- By Team TDO
Risk factors include:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Irregular cardiac action (heart beat)
- Occlusion (closing) of blood vessels leading to the brain.
Few simple things can help in prevention:
- Avoid high calorie fatty food.
- Quit smoking.
- Keep blood pressure under control. Visit doctor for regular BP checkups.
- Routine check up with investigations to rule out any heart disease and early diagnosis and treatment of any underlying cause
Keep blood sugars under control if you are diabetic