Meditation and relaxation
- By Team TDO
Process of meditation: It entails three stages:
- Enlightenment or absorption
Meditation is a fantastic relaxation tool that comes for free. Today, we need relaxation because of our hectic lifestyles.
In today’s world the most of the people have a lot of ambitions and goals which they want to achieve as fast as possible in no time. This doesn't have to be the case because meditation not only increases energy level and efficiency but also clears the clutter of one’s mind and helps accomplish one’s goals with less efforts, leaving more time for the person to enjoy recreation, leisure and entertainment that life has to offer.
Characteristics of Deep relaxation: When a person has a relaxation response, several physiological changes occur -
- Decrease in heart rate
- Decrease in respiration rate
- Decrease in skeletal muscle tension
- Decrease in metabolic rate and oxygen consumption
- Decrease in analytic thinking
- Increase in skin resistance
Meditating one of several activities that produce the relaxation response for 20-30 minutes a day, over time, can lead to a generalized feeling of relaxation.
Benefits of Deep Relaxation are:
- Reduction of generalized anxiety
- Preventing stress from building up
- Increased energy and productivity
- Improved concentration and memory
- Reduction of insomnia and fatigue
- Increased self-confidence and reduced self-blame
- Increased availability of feeling