What exercises to do when pregnant - A guide
- By Team TDO
Here are some general guidelines for pregnant women to follow during exercise time:
- Avoid long sessions of aerobic workouts as they’ll make you tired without much gain either.
- Try medium to high intensity exercises only after a doctor's advice and permission.
- Do not exercise more than thirty minutes. This is ideal enough.
- Shorter duration might not give size able results but longer ones may have undesirable effects on muscle mass. Find out the correct time and method for yourself from an expert.
- If you can only afford limited time maybe you should try for more time-efficient exercises.
- You can even do two small sessions if you are unable to do all the exercise at the same time.
- A high intensity exercise can be risky too. Overtraining, injuries and losing valuable ground could bear consequences.
- Higher aerobic capacity, lower resting heart rate, decreased blood pressure and cholesterol etc. are some of the benefits of exercising. For these durations of 15-20 mins is sufficient.