Fitness mantras for housewives
- By Team TDO
She may not have a fancy office or a job title, but a housewife is the master of multi-tasking. From household tasks like cooking, packing lunch, and managing kids' studies to outdoor tasks like managing bank accounts and paying electricity and phone bills, she does everything. She is very busy, yet always available for her kids, husband or anyone, anytime!
In the process, however, housewives ignore their own personal needs. Being mindful of health and fitness is not meant just for working professionals. A regulated diet and exercise routine is extremely essential for every housewife in order to lead a healthy life and make her family healthy as well.
Here are some basic things which an average housewife can follow to maintain her fitness:
- Eat as soon as you wake up.
- Make sure to eat small quantity every two hours. This will prevent you from feeling excessively hungry or overeating.
- Assign a time of the day for exercise. Even a jog will do the trick.
- Drink a lot of water. It flushes out all the toxins and makes skin healthy and glowing.
- Sleep well.
- Say no to junk food and remember tea and coffee are appetite suppressants.
- Follow an exercise routine: Start with a brisk walk daily for atleast 10 minutes. Gradually increase the time, speed and distance of walk. Once you start going on walks regularly, start with a mild exercise routine under the supervision of an expert. Opt for aerobics, gym or yoga classes. Choose whatever you like and do it consistently. Make a fitness report card and grade yourself on scale of 1 to 10.
- Treat yourself when you succeed achieving these goals. This will boost your morale.